Big Mac Crunchwrap Recipe: How to Make It at Home
If you’re a fan of McDonald’s Big Mac, then you’re going to love this Big Mac Crunchwrap recipe. This recipe takes all the classic Big Mac ingredients and bundles them together in a warm, crunchy tortilla wrap. With its combination of creamy sauce, tangy pickles, and juicy beef, this dish is sure to be a hit with your taste buds.
To make this recipe, you’ll need some basic ingredients like ground beef, tortillas, lettuce, and cheese. The real star of the show, however, is the special sauce. Made with mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, and pickle relish, this sauce is what gives the Big Mac its signature flavor. When combined with the other ingredients, it creates a deliciously savory and satisfying meal.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy lunch or a fun dinner idea, this Big Mac Crunchwrap recipe is sure to hit the spot. So why not give it a try and see for yourself why it’s become such a popular dish among fast food fans and home cooks alike?
To make a delicious Big Mac Crunchwrap, you will need a variety of ingredients. Here is a list of the ingredients you will need:
- Ground beef patties
- Salt and black pepper
- Flour tortillas
- American cheese
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Diced white onion
- Dill pickle relish
- Yellow mustard
- Thousand Island dressing
- Sesame seeds
- Mac sauce
For the mac sauce, you will need mayonnaise, ketchup, yellow mustard, and sweet pickle relish. To make it, simply mix all of these ingredients together in a bowl.
To start making the Big Mac Crunchwrap, cook the ground beef patties on a griddle or in a pan until they are fully cooked. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Next, warm up the flour tortillas in a pan or on a griddle. Place a slice of American cheese on each tortilla and let it melt.
Once the cheese has melted, add the cooked ground beef patty to each tortilla. Top with shredded iceberg lettuce, diced white onion, and dill pickle relish.
Drizzle yellow mustard, ketchup, and Thousand Island dressing over the top of the toppings. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
Fold the tortilla over the top of the toppings, forming a half-moon shape. Press down on the tortilla to seal it closed.
Finally, cook the Big Mac Crunchwrap on a griddle or in a pan until it is crispy and golden brown. Cut it into quarters and serve hot.
Note that you can also add bacon, tomatoes, or any other toppings you like to your Big Mac Crunchwrap. You can also use ground turkey or make it gluten-free by using a tostada shell instead of a flour tortilla.
Before you can enjoy a delicious Big Mac Crunchwrap, you need to prepare the ingredients. This recipe requires two main components: the Big Mac sauce and the Crunchwrap.
Big Mac Sauce Preparation
To make the Big Mac sauce, you will need mayonnaise, ketchup, yellow mustard, sweet pickle relish, and a few spices. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl until they are well combined. You can adjust the amount of each ingredient to suit your taste.
To make the Crunchwrap, you will need seasoned beef, shredded lettuce, diced onions, sliced pickles, slices of American cheese, and flour tortillas.
- Start by cooking the seasoned beef on a griddle or in a frying pan until it is browned and cooked through.
- Next, prepare the tortillas by warming them up on the griddle or in the microwave. This will make them more pliable and easier to fold.
- Place a tortilla on a flat surface and add a slice of American cheese to the center.
- Add a scoop of the cooked seasoned beef on top of the cheese.
- Add a spoonful of the Big Mac sauce on top of the beef.
- Add some shredded lettuce, diced onions, and sliced pickles on top of the sauce.
- Fold the edges of the tortilla up and over the filling, creating a square shape.
- Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Place the Crunchwraps back on the griddle or in the frying pan and cook until the tortilla is crispy and the cheese is melted.
Now, you can enjoy your homemade Big Mac Crunchwrap, with all the flavors of a Big Mac hamburger in a handheld, taco-like twist. You can adjust the size of the tortillas to make them larger or smaller, and you can even add your own twist to the recipe by experimenting with different flavors and ingredients.
Making a Big Mac Crunchwrap is not as complicated as it may seem. The cooking process can be divided into two main parts: cooking the patties and cooking the Crunchwrap. Here is a step-by-step guide to making your own Big Mac Crunchwrap.
To start, you will need to cook the beef patties. It is recommended to use ground beef that is 80% lean and 20% fat to achieve a juicy and flavorful patty. Here are the steps to cook the patties:
- Preheat a griddle or a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Divide the ground beef into 2-ounce portions and form them into thin patties.
- Season both sides of the patties with salt and pepper.
- Place the patties on the hot griddle or skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are browned and crispy on the outside and cooked through on the inside.
- Remove the patties from the griddle or skillet and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess fat.
Now that the patties are cooked, it’s time to assemble the Crunchwrap. Here are the steps to cook the Crunchwrap:
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Take a large flour tortilla and place it on a flat surface.
- Spread a generous amount of Big Mac sauce on the tortilla, leaving about an inch border around the edges.
- Add a layer of shredded lettuce on top of the sauce.
- Place a slice of American cheese on top of the lettuce.
- Add a cooked beef patty on top of the cheese.
- Add a few slices of pickles and diced onions on top of the patty.
- Cover the patty and toppings with another slice of American cheese.
- Fold the edges of the tortilla towards the center, creating a hexagon shape.
- Place the Crunchwrap on the preheated skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the tortilla is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the Crunchwrap from the skillet and let it cool for a minute before cutting it into halves or quarters.
By following these simple steps, you can make your own delicious Big Mac Crunchwrap at home. Enjoy!
Now that you have made your delicious Big Mac Crunchwrap, it’s time to think about how to serve it. Here are some suggestions to make your meal even more enjoyable:
Add some shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and sliced onions to your Big Mac Crunchwrap for a fresh and crunchy texture.
Serve with a side of tortilla chips or Doritos for a satisfying crunch.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some crispy bacon to your Big Mac Crunchwrap for an extra burst of flavor.
For a healthier option, use a tostada shell instead of a flour tortilla and top with shredded iceberg lettuce and diced tomatoes.
If you love cheese, add some cheddar cheese or American cheese to your Big Mac Crunchwrap for a gooey and savory taste.
Top your Big Mac Crunchwrap with sesame seeds for an added nutty flavor.
If you want to make your Big Mac Crunchwrap even more filling, serve it with a side of homemade fries or onion rings.
Remember to always consider your dietary needs and preferences when choosing your serving suggestions. Enjoy your delicious Big Mac Crunchwrap!
Storage and Reheating
If you have any leftover Big Mac Crunchwraps, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To ensure that they stay fresh, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. If you want to store them for a longer period, you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
When reheating the Big Mac Crunchwraps, it is important to avoid making them soggy. To do this, you can reheat them in the oven or on a stovetop griddle. Here are the steps to follow:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Remove the Big Mac Crunchwraps from the refrigerator or freezer.
- Place them on a baking sheet and cover them with aluminum foil.
- Bake them in the oven for 10-15 minutes if they are refrigerated or 20-25 minutes if they are frozen.
- Check the internal temperature of the Crunchwrap to ensure it has reached 165°F.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Alternatively, you can reheat the Big Mac Crunchwraps on a stovetop griddle. Here are the steps to follow:
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Add a small amount of oil to the pan.
- Place the Crunchwrap on the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Check the internal temperature of the Crunchwrap to ensure it has reached 165°F.
- Remove from the griddle and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
By following these simple steps, you can enjoy your Big Mac Crunchwraps even after they have been stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
If you’re watching your nutrition, it’s important to be aware of the calorie and nutrient content of your meals. Here’s a breakdown of the nutritional information for a Big Mac Crunchwrap, using the recipe provided:
Calories and Fat Content
The Big Mac Crunchwrap is a high-calorie meal, with a total of 926 calories per serving. Of those calories, 55.4g come from fat. If you’re looking to reduce your calorie and fat intake, you may want to consider making some substitutions or adjustments to the recipe.
Protein and Carbohydrates
The Big Mac Crunchwrap is a good source of protein, with 39.9g per serving. However, it’s also high in carbohydrates, with a total of 38.6g per serving. If you’re following a low-carb diet, you may want to consider using a low-carb tortilla or omitting the tortilla altogether.
Mac Sauce and Ingredients
The Mac Sauce used in the recipe contains mayonnaise, ketchup, yellow mustard, and sweet pickle relish. While these ingredients add flavor to the dish, they also add calories and fat. If you’re looking to reduce your calorie and fat intake, you may want to consider using a lighter version of the sauce or omitting it altogether.
Ground Beef and Cheese
The ground beef used in the recipe provides a good source of protein, but it’s also high in fat. If you’re looking to reduce your fat intake, you may want to consider using ground turkey instead. The American cheese used in the recipe is also high in fat and calories, so you may want to consider using a lower-fat cheese or omitting it altogether.
Lettuce and Pickles
The shredded iceberg lettuce and pickles used in the recipe provide some fiber and nutrients, but they’re also high in sodium. If you’re watching your sodium intake, you may want to consider using low-sodium pickles or omitting them altogether.
Tortillas and Tostadas
The flour tortilla used in the recipe is high in carbohydrates, so you may want to consider using a low-carb tortilla or omitting it altogether. The tostada shell used in the recipe provides a crunchy texture, but it’s also high in calories and carbohydrates. If you’re looking to reduce your calorie and carbohydrate intake, you may want to consider omitting the tostada shell or using a lower-calorie alternative.
Overall, the Big Mac Crunchwrap is a tasty and satisfying meal, but it’s also high in calories, fat, and carbohydrates. If you’re looking to make it a bit healthier, consider making some substitutions or adjustments to the recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recipe for a low carb Big Mac Crunchwrap?
To make a low carb Big Mac Crunchwrap, you can substitute the flour tortilla with a low carb wrap or lettuce leaves. You can also use lean ground beef instead of regular ground beef and reduce the amount of sauce used.
What is the sauce used in a Big Mac Crunchwrap?
The sauce used in a Big Mac Crunchwrap is a special sauce that is similar to Thousand Island dressing. The exact ingredients of the sauce are not disclosed by McDonald’s, but you can make a homemade version using mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, relish, and vinegar.
What are some variations of a Big Mac Crunchwrap?
Some variations of a Big Mac Crunchwrap include adding bacon, pickles, or onions to the filling. You can also use different types of cheese or sauces to customize the flavor.
What is the crunch in a Crunchwrap?
The crunch in a Crunchwrap comes from the crispy tostada shell that is wrapped inside the tortilla. The tostada shell provides a crunchy texture and adds a layer of flavor to the filling.
What is the order of a Crunchwrap Supreme?
The order of a Crunchwrap Supreme is as follows: a flour tortilla, a layer of nacho cheese sauce, a tostada shell, seasoned beef, lettuce, tomatoes, and a second layer of nacho cheese sauce. The tortilla is then folded and grilled to create a crispy outer layer.
What ingredients are in a Taco Bell Crunchwrap?
A Taco Bell Crunchwrap contains a flour tortilla, a tostada shell, seasoned beef, nacho cheese sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream. Some variations may also include additional ingredients such as beans, guacamole, or jalapenos.