If you’re a fan of pumpkin and cheesecake, then you’ll love this pumpkin cheesecake recipe. This dessert is perfect for fall and the holiday season, but it’s also great for any time of year. The combination of creamy cheesecake and spicy pumpkin is a match made in heaven.
Making a pumpkin cheesecake may seem intimidating, but this recipe is actually quite simple. You’ll need a few key ingredients, including cream cheese, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. The crust is made with graham crackers and butter, and the cheesecake is baked in a springform pan for easy removal.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this pumpkin cheesecake recipe is sure to impress. It’s a crowd-pleaser that will have everyone asking for seconds. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it can be?
If you’re looking to make a delicious pumpkin cheesecake, there are a few key ingredients you’ll need. Below, we’ve broken down the ingredients into three sub-sections: crust ingredients, filling ingredients, and optional toppings.
To make the crust for your pumpkin cheesecake, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Unsalted butter, melted
Simply mix these ingredients together and press the mixture into the bottom of your springform pan.
For the filling of your pumpkin cheesecake, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Cream cheese, softened
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Eggs, room temperature
- Pure pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Ground nutmeg
- Pure vanilla extract
Mix these ingredients together until smooth and creamy, then pour the mixture into your prepared crust.
While your pumpkin cheesecake is delicious on its own, you may want to add some optional toppings to take it to the next level. Here are a few ideas:
- Whipped cream
- Salted caramel sauce
- Toasted pecans
- Pecan halves
- Pumpkin pie spice
Simply sprinkle these toppings over your finished cheesecake and enjoy!
Tools and Equipment
To make a perfect pumpkin cheesecake, you will need some basic tools and equipment. Here are the essential items you will need to make a delicious pumpkin cheesecake.
A springform pan is a must-have tool for making pumpkin cheesecake. It is a round cake pan with a removable bottom and a latch on the side that releases the sides of the pan. This type of pan is perfect for cheesecake because it allows you to easily remove the cake without damaging it.
Of course, you will need an oven to bake your pumpkin cheesecake. Make sure your oven is preheated to the correct temperature before you start baking.
A water bath is a technique used to bake cheesecake evenly without cracking. It involves placing the springform pan in a roasting pan and filling the roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the springform pan. This helps to regulate the temperature and prevent the cheesecake from drying out.
A food processor is a handy tool for making the crust for your pumpkin cheesecake. It can quickly and easily turn graham crackers into fine crumbs, which you can then mix with melted butter to make the crust.
Plastic wrap is useful for wrapping the springform pan before placing it in the water bath. This helps to prevent water from seeping into the pan and ruining the cheesecake.
A roasting pan is necessary for creating a water bath to bake your cheesecake. It should be large enough to hold the springform pan and deep enough to hold enough water to fill halfway up the sides of the pan.
An electric mixer is essential for making the filling for your pumpkin cheesecake. It can quickly and easily mix the cream cheese, sugar, and other ingredients to create a smooth and creamy filling.
You will need a large mixing bowl to mix all the ingredients for your pumpkin cheesecake filling. A glass or stainless steel bowl is best because it won’t react with the acidic ingredients in the filling.
Preparing a pumpkin cheesecake may seem daunting, but with the right recipe and some patience, you can create a delicious dessert that will impress your guests. In this section, we will guide you through the steps to prepare the crust, make the filling, and bake the cheesecake.
Preparing the Crust
The crust is an essential part of any cheesecake, and pumpkin cheesecake is no exception. To prepare the crust, you will need graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Here’s how to make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Add 1/4 cup of melted butter to the bowl and mix until the crumbs are evenly coated.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan, using a flat-bottomed glass to ensure it is even.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes and let it cool while you prepare the filling.
Making the Filling
The cheesecake filling is the star of the show, and pumpkin puree gives it a delicious fall flavor. Here’s how to make the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat two packages of softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add 3/4 cup of sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add two large eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in one can of pumpkin puree, 1 1/4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Beat the mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling into the cooled crust.
Baking the Cheesecake
Baking the cheesecake is the final step in the process. Here’s how to bake the cheesecake:
- Place the cheesecake in the preheated oven and bake for 55-60 minutes or until the center is almost set.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door cracked open for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve the cheesecake chilled, garnished with whipped cream and caramel sauce if desired.
With these simple steps, you can create a delicious pumpkin cheesecake that is sure to impress. Whether you’re looking for a dessert for Thanksgiving or just a fall treat, this recipe is sure to please.
Now that you have made your delicious pumpkin cheesecake, it’s time to think about how to serve it. Here are some serving suggestions to make your dessert even more enjoyable:
- Whipped cream: A classic topping for any cheesecake, whipped cream adds a light and fluffy texture to your pumpkin cheesecake. You can make your own whipped cream by using an electric mixer to whip heavy cream until it forms soft peaks. Add a tablespoon of granulated sugar and a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract for flavor.
- Caramel sauce: Drizzling some caramel sauce over your pumpkin cheesecake will add a sweet and gooey touch to your dessert. You can make your own caramel sauce by melting granulated sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until it turns amber in color. Then add heavy cream and stir until well combined.
- Toasted pecans: Adding some toasted pecans to your pumpkin cheesecake will give it a crunchy texture and nutty flavor. Simply toast pecan halves in a roasting pan at 350°F for 5-7 minutes, then sprinkle them on top of your cheesecake.
- Pumpkin pie spice: If you want to enhance the pumpkin flavor in your cheesecake, sprinkle some pumpkin pie spice on top. This blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves will add warmth and depth to your dessert.
- Gingerbread crust: For a twist on the classic graham cracker crust, you can use gingersnap crumbs to make your crust. Simply pulse gingersnap cookies in a food processor until they form fine crumbs, then mix with melted butter and press into the bottom of your pan.
- Mini pumpkin cheesecakes: If you want to serve individual portions, you can make mini pumpkin cheesecakes in a muffin tin. Follow the same cheesecake recipe, but use a gingersnap crust and bake for 15-20 minutes instead of an hour.
Remember to let your cheesecake chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving. You can cover it with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out. Enjoy your pumpkin cheesecake as a holiday dessert or a fall treat!
If you’re watching your calorie intake, it’s important to be mindful of the nutritional information in your pumpkin cheesecake. Here’s a breakdown of the approximate nutritional values for a slice of pumpkin cheesecake (1/8th of a 10-inch cheesecake):
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Sodium: 250mg
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 26g
- Protein: 7g
As you can see, pumpkin cheesecake is relatively high in calories and fat, so it’s best to enjoy it in moderation. However, it does provide some nutritional benefits. For example, pumpkin is an excellent source of vitamin A, which is important for eye health and immune function.
If you’re looking to make your pumpkin cheesecake a bit healthier, there are a few substitutions you can make. For example, you could use a nut-based crust instead of a traditional graham cracker crust to add some healthy fats and fiber. You could also use a lower-fat cream cheese or Greek yogurt instead of regular cream cheese to reduce the calorie and fat content.
Overall, pumpkin cheesecake can be a delicious treat, but it’s important to be mindful of the nutritional information and enjoy it in moderation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some popular variations of pumpkin cheesecake?
Pumpkin cheesecake is a versatile dessert that can be customized to suit your tastes. Some popular variations include adding a layer of chocolate ganache on top, incorporating a swirl of caramel sauce into the cheesecake batter, or even adding a layer of pecan pie filling on top.
How can I make a gingersnap crust for pumpkin cheesecake?
To make a gingersnap crust for pumpkin cheesecake, you will need gingersnap cookie crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Simply mix the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined, then press the mixture into the bottom of a springform pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes at 350°F before adding the cheesecake filling.
Can you suggest a recipe for layered pumpkin cheesecake?
For a delicious layered pumpkin cheesecake, try this recipe: Make a gingersnap crust as described above and press it into the bottom of a springform pan. In a separate bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour half of the cheesecake mixture over the crust, then add a layer of pumpkin puree mixed with spices. Pour the remaining cheesecake mixture on top and bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes.
Is there a recipe for pumpkin cheesecake bars?
Yes, here’s a recipe for pumpkin cheesecake bars: Make a graham cracker crust by mixing together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of a baking dish. In a separate bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add in pumpkin puree, eggs, and spices and mix until well combined. Pour the mixture over the crust and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes.
What is Libby’s recipe for pumpkin cheesecake?
Libby’s recipe for pumpkin cheesecake includes cream cheese, pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, and spices. Mix the ingredients together until well combined, then pour the mixture into a graham cracker crust. Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes, or until the cheesecake is set. Serve with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Can you recommend a keto-friendly pumpkin cheesecake recipe?
Yes, here’s a keto-friendly pumpkin cheesecake recipe: Make a crust using almond flour, butter, and sweetener. In a separate bowl, mix together cream cheese, pumpkin puree, sweetener, and spices until smooth. Add in eggs and mix until well combined. Pour the mixture over the crust and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes. Let the cheesecake cool before serving.